ScratchLink Funster is now available individually or in classroom packs. Allows you to use Scratch and Arduino based hardware for coding and robotics utilising our custom Scratch Blocks. It's an interactive game controller designed for entry level educational coding and robotics and is suitable for early Primary but complex enough for upper Primary and Middle School. Tough Robust Design informed by years of classroom practice and is locally designed and manufactured by Steminabox. The Funster has heaps of interactivity including, ultrasonic sensors, makey type conductance sensor, sound sensor, full colour individually addressable LED ring and either a Nunchuk or Classic Controller.
ScratchLink WiInterface is our simpler programmable interactive game controller for Scratch and has a full colour, individually addressable 16 LED ring plus either a Nunchuk or Classic Controller.
Teacher PD is nearly finished for this term but there are spots left at Sunshine Coast (wk 9) and Toowoomba in Week 10.
Edubotika - Scratch Coding and Robotics Challenge is local cluster level showcase event for you to host at your School or Library. Join the discussion now and start working towards a small event to support, motivate and showcase the coding and Robotics in your local community. Edubotika will have supported resources dovetailed for what you need in the classroom and is specifically designed to be a culminating curriculum event. Get in touch now.
I'll be at the Science is Primary Conference on Saturday 18th March 2017 in Brisbane, so drop in if you want to catch up with me. I'll have our new ScratchLinks and 3D Printer on display.
Educator 3DP is now available and is a custom designed Educational 3D printer produced by us at Steminbox using quality open sourced 3D printer Hardware.
• Tough and Robust – suitable for inexperienced and constant student use. Full aluminium structural frame. Industrial strength fully supported “rolling bed” design.
• Safe - emergency stop and optional hinged polycarbonate front protective screens
• Large Colour Touch Screen – no computer required for control
• Automatic Filament Out Sensor – Automatically pauses printing at the end of the filament roll
• Large Heated Aluminium Print Bed - 200mm x 200mm, max 125 degrees Celsius • High Temperature Stainless Steel Thermocouple Extruder and Nozzle with silcone heat insulator- suitable for specialist polymers up to 300 degrees Celsius • Auto-Levelling Bed Sensor – you do not level this bed manually with screws or nuts by hand- rather the bed is probed to determine its "level" and the print adjusted. This means fast reliable prints with no lifting and warping and no filament wastage with rafts • Four Roll Filament Holder – print from any of the four filament roll positions without moving spools. • Network Capable - comes with LAN support - allows networking and browser based applications at all stages of the design and printing process. You can network the Educator 3DP like any photocopier and send your files from anywhere on the school network • Multiple File options: SD Card - USB Memory Stick – Network (LAN) or optional Wifi • Easy Access Maintenance - nothing to remove to clean up extruder drive cog - just a 30 second job that 8 year old students could easily do properly and safely • Inexpensive Consumables and Replacements – Takes standard 1.75mm 1kg filament rolls which are about $20/Kg (which compares to over $125/Kg for cartridge type filament printers)
• Locally Designed and Manufactured – Using open sourced 3D printer hardware with custom design for harsh classroom use • Full Training and Support Available – Online training resources, support forum, technical workshop support etc.